    SubjectRe: best way to handle LEDs

    > Led triggers would be kernel sources of led on/off events. Some
    > examples:
    > 2Hz Heartbeat - useful for debugging (and/or Generic Timer)
    > CPU Load indicator
    > Charging indicator
    > HDD activity (useful for microdrive on handheld)
    > Network activity
    > no doubt many more
    > led triggers would be connected to leds via sysfs. Each trigger would
    > probably have a number you could echo into an led's trigger attribute.
    > Sensible default mappings could be had by assigning a default trigger to
    > a device by name in the platform code that declares the led.

    Perhaps I'd keep it simple and leave it at

    * do hardcoded kernel action for this led

    * do whatever userspace tells you.

    That way you will not be able to remap charger LED onto hard disk
    indicator, but we can support that on ibm-acpi too. (Where hw controls
    LEDs like "sleep", but lets you control them. You can't remap,
    Thanks, Sharp!

      Last update: 2005-11-02 14:59    [W:0.022 / U:9.172 seconds]