    SubjectRe: best way to handle LEDs
    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 02:47:55 +0000
    Ben Dooks <> wrote:

    > > I think even slow blinking was used somewhere. I have some code from
    > > John Lenz (attached); it uses sysfs interface, exports led collor, and
    > > allows setting different frequencies.
    > >
    > > Is that acceptable, or should some other interface be used?
    > there is already an LED interface for linux-arm, which is
    > used by a number of the extant machines in the sa11x0 and
    > pxa range.

    the current interface is very low-level, while the proposal
    from Pavel/John has a much different scope, imho.

    I'm working on a led driver for the ixp4xx/NSLU2 which
    has 2 leds plus a multi-coloured one.

    We would benefit a lot from such an implementation so,
    FWIW, I express my personal support and the one
    of the whole nslu2-linux community.

    Once this patch is upstream, the linux-arm interface could easily
    be adapted to use it or cooperate nicely.

    Best regards,

    Alessandro Zummo,
    Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy

      Last update: 2005-11-02 10:50    [W:0.019 / U:40.336 seconds]