SubjectWhy dependance of linux kernel on linux-kernel-headers package ?
Hi all,

I would like to know about some things regarding the current scheme of
things in the linux kernel compilation procedure on Debian machines.

Its a bicth is that if I have to compile specific modules against a
specific kernel version ( against header files from that specific
version ).

The problem being that because of the kernel-headers package, the gcc
(in kernel make procedure) will pick up the kernel headers from the
package specific directories but not from the /usr/src/linux path
where my specific files reside.

The work-around though simple that to change the -I in the gcc path is
not simple as the frame-work is like very rigid about the headers path
in the linux kernel.

How do I make my kernel to take the kernel headers from an alternate
location. There should have been an alternate way to specify at a
single location the alternate configuration of the header file
location. But this does not seem to be the case.

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

Chaitanya V. Hazarey

ps:

Description of the linux-kernel-headers package

"Linux Kernel Headers for development

This package provides headers from the Linux kernel. These headers
are used by the installed headers for GNU glibc and other system libraries."

  Last update: 2005-10-28 09:12    [W:0.029 / U:0.616 seconds]