SubjectA possible idea for Linux: Save running programs to disk
Date
I allow myself to suggest the following, although not sure if I post in
the right group:

Suppose Linux could save the total state of a program to disk, for
instance, imagine a program like mozilla with many open windows. I give
it a SIGNAL-SAVETODISK and the process memory image is dropped to a
file. I can then turn off the computer and later continue using the
program where I left it, by loading it back into memory.

Would that be possible? At least a program can be given a ctrl-z and is
swapped out if physical memory is needed. This is somewhat similar (?)
Would that need kernel parameters to be included in the process image
file? What about X-windows resources? Is this simply to easy to exploit
by having altered process images loaded back into the memory? ('virus')

If possible, a neat titlebar icon 'zzz' could be added to the decoration
provided by the (X) window manager.