    SubjectRe: FAT, NTFS, CIFS and DOS attributes wrote:
    > Thats taken from Samba4, where it is fully implemented. I guess Steve
    > is planning on integrating cifsfs with the Samba4 way of handling EAs,
    > NT ACLs, attribs, streams etc at some stage.
    > See
    > for a full definition of the structures we use.
    > I used a NDR encoding in each of the xattrs to provide a well defined
    > architecture independent encoding, and an easy way to extend the
    > structure in the future (thats why DosAttrib is a union with a version
    > switch).

    Oh geez. Couldn't you have split out the various data items into
    separate xattrs? This seems to be a really bad user interface,
    especially for writing (can't chmod the file without poking at all the
    other data items), except for a non-DOS-based filesystem to keep data
    for Samba itself. Samba clearly has other needs than other users,
    although of course it would be unfortunate if Samba then can't export
    this information.

    In other words, I'm inclined to define simple system attributes or just
    the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:147.716 seconds]