    SubjectRe: FAT, NTFS, CIFS and DOS attributes
    tridge@samba.org wrote:

    > We use the following xattrs in Samba4:
    >
    > user.DosAttrib : structure holding basic non-privileged attribute information
    > user.DosEAs : all the DOS (OS/2) style EAs
    > user.DosStreams : list of alternate data steams, flagged as internal or external
    > user.DosStream.name: the stream data itself for internal streams
    > security.NTACL : the NT ACL
    >
    > the rationale for making most of them in the user namespace is that it
    > is 'mostly harmless' to allow the owner of the file to change those
    > ones.

    Right, it's the "design is broken so everything ends up in user.*".
    Now, I clearly dislike the StudlyCaps used here, but if it's already
    deployed it's probably too late to fix this :(

    Does Samba have any way do deal with VFAT short names?

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:90.496 seconds]