SubjectRe: FAT, NTFS, CIFS and DOS attributes
tridge@samba.org wrote:

> We use the following xattrs in Samba4:
>
> user.DosAttrib : structure holding basic non-privileged attribute information
> user.DosEAs : all the DOS (OS/2) style EAs
> user.DosStreams : list of alternate data steams, flagged as internal or external
> user.DosStream.name: the stream data itself for internal streams
> security.NTACL : the NT ACL
>
> the rationale for making most of them in the user namespace is that it
> is 'mostly harmless' to allow the owner of the file to change those
> ones.

Right, it's the "design is broken so everything ends up in user.*".
Now, I clearly dislike the StudlyCaps used here, but if it's already
deployed it's probably too late to fix this :(

Does Samba have any way do deal with VFAT short names?

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.229 / U:0.264 seconds]