    SubjectLinux 2.6.10-ac9
    Arjan van de Ven is now building RPMS of the kernel and those can be found
    in the RPM subdirectory and should be yum-able. Expect the RPMS to lag the
    diff a little as the RPM builds and tests do take time.

    Key: o - only in -ac
    * - already fixed upstream
    X - discarded later as wrong
    + - ac specific (fix not relevant to non -ac)

    * 2.6.10 variant of the stack race fix (Alan Cox)
    | Found by Paul Staretz
    * Stronger ELF validity checks (Solar Designer)
    * Add ATI SATA identifiers (Frederick Li)
    o Update ATI PATA/SATA support (Frederick Li)
    * Audit fixups (Steve Grubb, Roger Luethi)
    * FPU/signal handling fix (Bodo Stroesser)
    * nForce2 APIC/LAPIC errata fixup (Prakash Punnoor)
    * Swap aacraid fix in -ac with 2.6.11rc base fix (Tom Coughlan)
    * Connnection track/rst fix (Martin Josefsson)
    o Format ide printk's more nicely (Gunther Mayer)
    o Stallion serial resurrection (part one) (Wayne Meissner)
    * Fix nls_ascii (Ogawa Hirofumi)
    * Count writeback pages in nr_scanned (Rik van Riel)
    | OOM fixing
    o Revert ac97_patch changes (Jules Villard)
    | with this change many users get no sound out
    o Correct handling of some module parameter (Rusty Russell)

    o I2O init/exit call fix (Randy Dunlap)
    o More build ia-32 on x86-64 bits (Arjan van de Ven)
    * NFS error path fixup (Bill Rugolsky)
    o Swap the coda fix in ac7 with the official (Jan Harkes)
    authors fix
    o Fix some problematic ptrace/kill interactions (Roland McGrath)
    o Fix ptrace/coredump problems with threaded (Roland McGrath)

    + Fix failure at boot with some setups and ac6 (Alan Cox)
    | Dumb bug indeed
    o Fix random poolsize sysctl (Brad Spengler)
    o Fix scsi_ioctl leak (Brad Spengler)
    o Fix rlimit memlock (Brad Spengler)
    o Fix Moxa serial (Alan Cox)
    | While moxa won't actually even build on 2.6 the grsecurity fix
    | is wrong (for 2.2, 2.4 as well). Without it being CAP_SYS_RAWIO
    | a user can insert alternative bios firmware into the card.

    + Fix ide-pnp build (Alan Cox)
    o do_brk security fixes (Marcelo Tosatti)
    | slightly reworked
    o Fixes for Coverity Inc reported bugs (Alan Cox)
    - coda_pioctl
    - xfs_attrmulti_by_handle
    - br_ioctl
    - rose_rt_ioctl
    - sdla_xfer
    o Improve the no-overcommit behaviour (Andries Brouwer)

    + Remove obsolete usb_unlink_urb in pwc (Alan Cox)
    | From instructions by Dwaine Garden
    * Subset of ALSA updates to fix sound bugs in .10 (Takashi Iwai)
    | This is the set Takashi kindly identified as being
    | worth applying for 10-ac.
    o First run at merging ISI and base isicom driver (Alan Cox)
    into a working 2.6 driver
    + IDE mode selection fixes for IT821x PIO (Alan Cox)
    | Bug noted by Bartlomiej
    o Fix a 32bit compatibility error in the cmsg (Olaf Kirch)
    check logic
    * Hopefully fix CD-ROM autoclose (Stas Sergeev)
    o Disable sidewinder debugging spew (Michael Marineau)
    o Openprom fixes (Al Viro)
    o Fix cosa module crash on load (Jan Kasprzak)
    o Add the build environment bits to kernel (Kevin Fenzi)
    make rpm output
    * Fix megaraid unload oops (Al Viro)
    * Make gconfig work with current gtk 2.4 (J Magallon)
    * Fix harmless parport overflow by one (Alexander Nyberg)
    * Fix drivers that put a '/' in /proc/irq/.. (Olaf Hering)

    o Initial fixes for /dev/tty v setsid() crash (Alan Cox)
    [/dev/tty v vhangup needs more work]
    + Fixed AGP compile on ia-32 (Arjan van de Ven)
    + PPC fixes (Dave Jones)
    o Document irqpoll/irqfixup (Alan Cox)
    o IBM ACPI reference __exit unsafely (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Allow pwc to be compiled into the kernel (Christian Hesse)

    * Fix a pile of mmc warnings/errors (Russell King)
    * Fix acpi video memory corruption (Linus Torvalds)
    * Fix module param breakage in parport_pc (Randy Dunlap)
    * Intel ICH7 IDE support and $PIR support (Jason Gaston)
    o Intel ICH7 SATA support (Jason Gaston)
    o Intel ICH7 I2C support (Jason Gaston)
    o Fix an IDE CD-ROM crash/BUG case (Prarit Bhargava)
    * Swap -ac AGP annotations for head AGP fixes (Dave Jones,
    Bjorn Helgaas,
    Masao Takahashi)
    o Add proper delaying/sleeping ide_pci_unregister (Alan Cox)
    o Do the same for PCMCIA (ide_cs) and ISA PnP (Alan Cox)
    o Use msleep for ide-cd and ide-cs (Nishanth Aravamudan)
    o Fix missing type in lapic_shutdown (Miael Pettersson)
    o Fix some missing build dependancies for CX88 (Adrian Bunk)
    o Move pwc to use remap_pfn_range (Arjan van de Ven)

    o Fix printk fixes for geometry free drives (Alan Cox)
    | Found by Bartlomiej
    o Bartlomiej's requested cleanups for IT8212 (Alan Cox)
    X Drop unneeded i810 audio patch
    X Drop useless kmalloc size patch
    + Fix proposed ide ISA v PIO change to work (Alan Cox)
    | Bug noted by .. everyone
    * Backport mxser compile fix (Al Viro)
    * Backport via acpi irq routing fixes (Len Brown, Shaohua Li)
    | Replaces the old -ac fix
    * Backport further aacraid chipset support (Mark Haverkamp)
    * ULi 5281 support (Peer Chen)
    * Backport several libata fixes notably problems (Albert Lee)
    with PDC20275
    o FW_LOADER is needed by several dvb devices (Michal Feix)
    o Add IT8211 PCI identifiers to IT8212 and (Alan Cox)
    rename driver and functions it iT821x
    | Thanks to Philipp Imhof for the IT8211 idents
    o Clean up and merge LAN M526X support (Clear Zhang)
    | 2.6 port/slight tidy done on the original

    o Revert AX.25 protocol breakage (Alan Cox)
    o Remove bogus obsolete option junk from 2.6.10 (Alan Cox)
    ide changes
    | Options are often useful, so should be kept.
    | Especially stuff like serialize
    o Fix bogus dma_ naming in the 2.6.10 patch (Alan Cox)
    o Initial CS5520 fixups for VDMA and 2.6.10
    | Must set vdma flag before command issue
    | ?? could we just set it at boot and leave it - probably (check)

    Forward ported from 2.6.9-ac
    o Smbfs improved parsing fixes (Chuck Ebbert)
    o Fix several IDE drivers that assumed > 0 was (Alan Cox)
    also an error return for pci probe functions
    * Fix sys5 semaphore wakeups (Manfred Spraul)
    o Suggest irqpoll when we get screaming irqs (Alan Cox)
    o Fix reset problems with older 3c59x/3c90x (John Linville)
    o Configurable 100/1Khz clock for x86 (James Bottomley)
    | 100Hz is great for battery life
    o Delkin cardbus IDE support (Mark Lord)
    o IT8212 IDE support (Alan Cox)
    X Add more AC97 table data
    o Token ring locking fix
    o Fix URL for lanana (Alexander Stohr)
    X Add a 1620 byte slab cache for ethernet frames (Arjan van de Ven)
    * EDD boot options (Matt Domsch)
    o Don't probe legacy ISA ide2,3,4,5 on PCI boxes (Alan Cox)
    o Restore PWC driver (Luc Saillard)
    | Please port away from remap_page_range
    o Fix AT2701FX AMD PCnet32 on fibre (Guido Guenther)
    * Fix build of CS461x gameport (Adrian Bunk)
    o Fix crash with aacraid double complete (Mark Salyzyn, Tom Coughlan,
    Alan Cox)
    * Fix getblk_slow hang (Chris Mason)
    + Fix SMP hang with IDE unregister (Mark Lord)
    o Working IDE locking (Alan Cox)
    | And a great deal of review by Bartlomiej
    o Allow IDE to grab all unknown generic IDE (Alan Cox)
    devices (boot with "all-generic-ide")
    o More ATI IDE PCI identifiers (Enrico Scholz)
    o Initial patch for ide_abort hang (Alan Cox)
    o Fix serveral ide timing violations on reset (Alan Cox)
    * Support CSB6-R Serverworks raid (Alan Cox)
    o Teach ide-cd to use sense data for file system (Alan Cox)
    - This means you get better diagonstics on CD errors
    - It means a partial I/O failure will get you back the ok sectors
    - It may fix the problem some users have with ISO copying and ide-cd
    o Lock ide-proc against driver unload (Alan Cox)
    (very low severity)
    o Fix ide /proc and legacy devices problem (Alan Cox)
    * Watchdog support for early cobalt ALi hardware (Mike Waychison)
    * Make sx8 naming follow LANANA (Jeremy Katz)
    * Don't warn on scsi ioctl kmalloc fail (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Fix Paul Laufer's email address (Paul Laufer)
    * Fix misleading microcode message (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Allow cross compile of x86_32 kernel on x86_64 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Kill "open failed" cdrom message. (Alan Cox)
    | This is a natural event from code poking around
    | doing CD detection etc
    * Minor typo fix in cdrom driver (efalk@google)
    * Add support for newer ALi AGP (Clear Zhang)
    o Handle E7xxx boxes with USB legacy flaws (Alan Cox)

    Cleanups in porting
    o Drop ->taskfile hooks in the IDE layer (Alan Cox)
    (->fixup replaces)
    o Fix up IT8212 for 2.6.10 ide_use_dma cleanups (Alan Cox)
    and other 2.6.10 cleaning

    Dropped for now
    o VIA extra quirk
    o HP Cardbus routing fixup

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.041 / U:13.460 seconds]