SubjectNew virtual synchrony API for the kernel: was Re: [Openais] New API in openais
John,
As it appears the redhat clusters project is interested in a kernel
implementation of cluster messaging, this interface would have to be
available to both the kernel and user applications. It possible to
provide EVS services to both kernel and user space applications. There
currently is no kernel implementation of group messaging, though only a
user space interface. TIPC could probably export this sort of
interface, or openais's gmi could be ported to the kernel. Then
openais, redhat's cluster technologies, linux ha, or other group
messaging applications (and there are quite a few) could use that
technology and standardize on the EVS API.

It would be useful for linux cluster developers for a common low level
group communication API to be agreed upon by relevant clusters
projects. Without this approach, we may end up with several systems all
using different cluster communication & membership mechanisms that are
incompatible.

Thanks
-steve