SubjectFinding out what certain kernel config options are dependant on
Date
Hi, I'm sorry for not posting a more development related question, but I
know there is a need for finding out why certain options in make config are
preselected, and why we can't choose not to use them. If this doesn't make
sense, consider this:
On my machine, with 2.6.8-rc4-mm1 (and all the other versions I've tried so
far in 2.6) CONFIG_CRYPTO is preselected, and I can't remove it. I'm not
interested in the cryptographic API at all. So what driver or option did i
enable that requires CONFIG_CRYPTO?
I'd appreciate help on finding this out, since I'd like to remove it all
from my .config. Is there a script or some other automated way on finding
this out?
If I find out that CONFIG_CRYPTO really is needed in the kernel all the way,
I appologize for asking such a stupid question, but then I'd wonder why
there is even an option for that.