    SubjectRe: [OT] Testing PROT_NONE and other protections, and a surprise
    Date
    On Jul 01, 2004, at 08:39, Jamie Lokier wrote:
    > The error code is -1, aka. MAP_FAILED.
    Oops! I guess I was just lucky that part didn't fail :-D On the other
    hand, it
    couldn't legally return 0 anyway, could it? That would have been a
    slightly
    more sensible error code, IMHO, anyway, but it probably came from some
    silly standard somewhere.

    >> I'll probably go file a bug with Apple now :-D
    >
    > It might be a generic *BSD bug (for whatever value of * is used by
    > MacOS X).
    >
    > That would be interesting to know -- anyone here running *BSD on PPC
    > or any other architecture to test?
    >
    > Of course it's an Apple bug as well :)

    Apple's BSD derivative came out of the main tree several years ago, and
    it
    wasn't really maintained for a few years, so it missed out on a lot of
    bug
    fixes and such. They've tried to catch up on a lot of that and been
    mildly
    successful, but it still has a ways to go.

    Cheers,
    Kyle Moffett

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:59.808 seconds]