    SubjectRe: Continue: psmouse.c - synaptics touchpad driver sync problem
    On Thursday 01 July 2004 07:34 am, Marc Waeckerlin wrote:
    > Dmitry: On synaptics page, I've seen that you've got tons of bugfixes for
    > 2.6.7 on Do I need something from
    > there and is there a patch that contains all patches?

    These are serio sysfs integration patches, they should not change the behavior
    of the system.

    > > > Well, there are several things:
    > > > 1) Cursor hangs on system load with internal mousepad
    > > > (no external mouse connected)
    > >
    > > You mean when the system load is high? Yes, that can happen..
    > System load does not have to be really high, so it happens quite often. This
    > is very disturbing, like in MacOS 15 years ago! (That was one of the main
    > reasons for me not to use Mac, besides the fact that an application could
    > crash the whole system!) I think we now have a multitasking OS, haven't
    > we?!? :-(
    > It is sometimes better, sometimes worse, but not really depending on system
    > load, it seems. Just a minute ago it was really bad. Strange.

    I usually feel some hesitation in cursor movement under high disk load -
    do you experience something like that? Although, now that I think about it,
    it's usually not the cursor itself but KDE is lagging to redraw...

    > > > 2) Cursor jumps a bit with internal mousepad
    > > > (no external mouse connected)
    > > > 3) Cursor jumps like crazy when moving external mouse
    > > > 4) Cursor randomly clicks when moving external mouse
    > >
    > > Has the external mouse ever worked in 2.6? Or is it always
    > > just randomly clickng stuff? Have you tried connecting another
    > > mouse?
    > No and yes. At home I have a wheel mouse, at work a normal PS/2 mouse, both
    > with diffrent keyboards and both with the same problem. I never successfully
    > used an external mouse since I upgraded to SuSE 9.1 (Kernel 2.6). I had no
    > problems with kernel 2.4 and the same hardware.

    Just out of curiosity, what happens when you pass psmouse.proto=bare to the
    kernel as a boot option (or put "options psmouse proto=bare" in your
    /etc/modprobe.conf file if psmouse is compiled as a module)?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:5.864 seconds]