    SubjectRe: [Swsusp-devel] Re: swsusp problems [was Re: Your opinion on the merge?]
    May I request that you leave the authors headers intact when quoting. Thank you.

    On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:17:04 +0100, Pavel Machek <> wrote:

    >> >Of course I *am* against bootsplash. Unfortunately I've probably lost
    >> >that war already. But at least it is not in -linus tree (and that's
    >> >what I use anyway) => I gave up with bootsplash-equivalents, as long
    >> >as they don't come to linus.
    >> >
    >> >[And I believe Linus would shoot down bootsplash-like code, anyway.]

    Why? Joe consumer wants it.

    As to the ever growing size of the kernel, there could be a official addons/tools
    tree with non-core functions maintained by a seperate maintainer. Things like
    debuggers, profiling or (swsusp) debug support could go there as well...

    >> Solution: Auto switch to non-swsusp VT on error showing the error message.
    > Hmm, at that point you loose context, like now you know what error
    > happened, but do not know at which phase of suspend. That's pretty bad
    > too.

    Right, Good idea! Just print always "ugly" swsusp context on a text VT - plus any
    error messages - and switch over to this VT in printk when not in interrupt
    context. 10 lines of code or so in printk ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.021 / U:0.572 seconds]