SubjectACPI and APM together?
Hello list,

I have a few machines with pretty similar hardware configuration, but
they do different tasks for which I need different kernel functionality.
So far I can have configure the kernel features that I need mostly as
modules and have on kernel configuration/compilation for all the
machines except for one. This computer has a motherboard which is some
older than the oders and doesn't reboot/halt properly with ACPI, it
definitely needs APM. So the question is, if it would be possible to
compile both ACPI and APM into the kernel and pass the corsponding
parameters acpi=off or apm=off where it is appropriate? I looked through
the kernel help and docs, but they say only, that the kernel would use
whichever is loaded first... Nowhere is anything mentined, if one could
proactively influence the decision.
Any help/answer would be very appreciated. TIA

Regards,
Todor

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.038 / U:1.160 seconds]