    SubjectRe: Kernel Cross Compiling [update]
    * Herbert Poetzl ( wrote:
    > Hi Folks!
    > Here is an update to the Kernel Cross Compiling thread
    > I started ten days ago ...

    Quite a while ago I tried going through a similar
    process. I found at the time the debian toolchain-source
    package helped in this process.

    There is however one thing you seem to have missed - you
    tend to need subtely different versions of gcc and binutils
    for each combination.

    It certainly used to be the case that every architectures
    kernel used to have different known issues in both gcc
    and binutils; and there was a fair amount of 'oh don't
    use that version, it produces broken kernels' with
    different answers for each architecture.

    At one time I tried to make a summary page showing where
    the kernel source and tools are for each architecture;
    but I never kept it upto date.

    / Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
    \ gro.gilbert @ | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:01    [W:0.026 / U:6.928 seconds]