SubjectDoes Adaptec behave in compliance with GPL?
Hello

I have got Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 1210SA. They bundle a CD with it. The CD
contains Linux - the cover says: "The CD will boot into Linux and provide the
following menu selections:..."

I suspect them not to be compliant with GPL because I didn't find neither Linux
kernel sources on the CD nor any "written offer, valid for at least three
years, to give any third party [...] source code", nor "Information
they received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code".

Also studied the brochure that comes with the adapter. It also doesn't
contain anything from the above.

I have put the content of the CD on http://oberon.troja.mff.cuni.cz/mnt for
the sole purpose of evaluating GPL conformance. Put list of the files
into not-on-cd-list-of-files to assist searching in the tree.

Could you please determine if this is a GPL-infringing behaviour or not?

Cl<

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.041 / U:1.240 seconds]