    SubjectRE: iswraid calling modprobe when scsi statically compiled?

    > The problem is in the initialization ordering. iswraid must initialize
    > after SCSI, but it is located in the IDE drivers directory, and
    > therefore is initialized before SCSI. So it won't work when built into
    > the kernel.
    >
    > If you build iswraid as module and load it from initrd (after the SCSI
    > subsystem is initialized and raw drives are detected), it should work.

    As pointed this in an unfortunate side effect of the nature of driver
    dependency: iswraid (in ataraid/IDE subsystem) depending on ata_piix (in
    SCSI). The above solution will solve the issue.

    But can anyone shed some light on resolving this issue other than
    compiling the driver as kernel module ?
    i.e is there a way I can change the order of driver initialization in
    the kernel ? Load SCSI subsystem before IDE ?

    Thanks,
    boji

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:123.732 seconds]