    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test2-mm3 and mysql
    On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:58:17PM +0400, Sergey S. Kostyliov wrote:
    > Hello Andrew,
    > On Sunday 03 August 2003 05:04, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > Shane Shrybman <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > One last thing, I have started seeing mysql database corruption
    > > > recently. I am not sure it is a kernel problem. And I don't know the
    > > > exact steps to reproduce it, but I think I started seeing it with
    > > > -test2-mm2. I haven't ever seen db corruption in the 8-12 months I have
    > > > being playing with mysql/php.
    > >
    > > hm, that's a worry. No additional info available?
    > I also suffer from this problem (I'm speaking about heavy InnoDB corruption
    > here), but with vanilla 2.6.0-test2. I can't blame MySQL/InnoDB because
    > there are a lot of MySQL boxes around of me with the same (in fact the box
    > wich failed is replication slave) or allmost the same database setup.
    > All other boxes (2.4 kernel) works fine up to now.

    All Linux kernels prior to 2.6.0-test2-mm3-1 would silently fail to
    complete fsync() and msync() operations if they encountered an I/O
    error, resulting in corruption. If a particular disk subsystem was
    producing these errors, the symptoms would likely be:

    - no error reported
    - no messages in logs
    - independent of kernel version, etc.
    - suddenly appear at some point in drive life
    - works flawlessly on other machines

    If you can reproduce this corruption, please try running against mm3-1
    and seeing if it reports problems (both to fsync and in logs).

    Matt Mackall : : of or relating to the moon

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.044 / U:3.532 seconds]