SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test2-mm3 and mysql
Hi,

mysql doesn't start on this kernel. This is a x86, preempt, ext2/3, UP
system. I get this in the mysql error log,

030802 20:01:17 mysqld started
030802 20:01:18 InnoDB: Error: the OS said file flush did not succeed
030802 20:01:18 InnoDB: Operating system error number 5 in a file
operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html for installation help.
InnoDB: Look from section 13.2 at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html
InnoDB: what the error number means or use the perror program of MySQL.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
030802 20:01:18 mysqld ended

I also did an strace of mysql trying to start and when I tried to copy
the strace file to root's home I got some sort of IO error. I don't
remember the error exactly but I decided to run at that point and
rebooted. The file did seem to copy ok according to diff.

http://zeke.yi.org/linux/2.6.0-test2-mm3.strace.mysql
http://zeke.yi.org/linux/2.6.0-test2-mm3-config

BTW, CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y seems to make this kernel huge. I couldn't even
install the sucker because I didn't have enough space for the modules.
35 MB wasn't enough.

One last thing, I have started seeing mysql database corruption
recently. I am not sure it is a kernel problem. And I don't know the
exact steps to reproduce it, but I think I started seeing it with
-test2-mm2. I haven't ever seen db corruption in the 8-12 months I have
being playing with mysql/php.

None of these problems is critical for me (and they could be pilot
error) but I thought I should point them out.

Regards,

Shane

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans