    SubjectRealtek ALC650E support in 2.[45]?
    Trying to get an upgrade and have a choice between two MBs. Both have
    onboard sound and one has the ALC650 audio support and the other has
    ALC650E audio support. I believe the former is s/w and the latter is
    h/w. I'd like to get the ALC650E but I can't find any clear info if
    there's support for it in either the 2.4 or 2.5 linux kernels. I found
    mention of the ALC650 in the source but not the ALC650E. Searching
    the web did not yeild much clarity either (and neither did the ALSA
    website :/) but I may have missed something though.

    Anyways, does it support it? I'd prefer fully OS driver support and
    don't mind using patches but prefer to be able to compile the driver
    into the kernel as I like the lack of messyness that comes with
    monolithic kernels.

    Any help would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

    --
    "How can I not love the Americans? They helped me with a flat tire the
    other day," he said.