    SubjectRe: xmms (audio) skipping in 2.5 (not 2.4)
    Per chance, do you have an NVidia graphics card and Maestro 3 or USB audio?
    If so, you're possibly getting DMA starvation. There are games you can
    play with the PCI latency timers to help with this, but I cannot recall the
    details; searching around for Dell Inspiron laptop audio issues might find
    them. I just replaced the machine I saw this on, so I can't help anymore.

    Andrew

    --On Tuesday, 4 March 2003 7:15 p.m. +1100 Con Kolivas <kernel@kolivas.org>
    wrote:

    >> > Try decreasing prio_bonus_ratio to 15 as well
    >>
    >> Doesn't seem to make much difference, actually.
    >> But "waggle scrollbar a bit" isn't very scientific .. ;-)
    >> Does contest (or anything else) measure this kind of thing more
    >> precisely?
    >
    > Last time I tried to do a whole swag of tunables it was showing
    > differences but I was plagued by memory leaks ruining the data. I'll try
    > again in the near future. Also Bill Davidsen's trivial response
    > benchmark may show something too.
    >
    > Con
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:33    [W:0.024 / U:0.036 seconds]