Subject2.6 Test 11 Freeze on USB Disconnect
Greetings,

I recently upgraded from 2.4.20-24 to 2.6 Test 11 using a Redhat
distribution. Got everything up and running great, except the entire
system appears to freeze (requiring a hardware reset) when I disconnect
my bluetooth device.

I am using a Thinkpad T30, which has an integrated USB-based Bluetooth
card with a little power switch to activate/deactivate it. I can turn
it on and it'll work fine, see devices, etc., but every single time I
turn it off, the laptop freezes. Did not happen with the 2.4 kernel.

I am using the bluetooth stack provided by the Kernel along with the
configure scripts and such from the Bluez package. It does not appear
to be a "bluetooth" issue, however - it seems more related to USB to me.

Anyhow I thought I'd fire off an email. I'd be glad to supply more
specific information - just tell me what you need. I am able to
reproduce this every time so shouldn't have a problem determining what
might affect the situation in a positive way.

Compressed copy of my .config included

Jonathan

[unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.076 / U:0.572 seconds]