    SubjectRe: Blank Screen in 2.6.0
    On Sunday 28 December 2003 12:14 pm, wrote:
    > Ok. After being without power for the past few days due to record
    > snowfall, I'm alive again. So I made the changes people had recomended on
    > the list. Upgraded to the lastest module-init-tools, and disabled the
    > frame buffer support in the kernel. So the only graphic option enabled is
    > text mode selection. But when I boot I still get a blank screen!
    > My lilo.conf contains a line: vga=773, which works beautifully under
    > RedHat's stock 2.4.20-8. I get a nice screen with approximately 132x48
    > display. Under 2.4.20 I am not loading any frame buffer that I'm aware of.
    > It's not listed in my moduiles:

    Just a suggestion, but why not use vga=normal, which is text mode, instead of
    graphics. You don't get the boot logo, but it does give you all the boot
    messages on 80x24. I have been having the same issues, with an Nvidia card,
    and I decided it wasn't worth spending any time on it, since I really just
    wanted to see the messages, not any pictures.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.020 / U:0.464 seconds]