    SubjectRe: mdelay causes BUG, please use udelay
    Feldman, Scott wrote:
    >>- msec_delay(10);
    >>+ usec_delay(10000);
    >

    > Jeff, 10000 seems on the border of what's OK. If it's acceptable, then
    > let's go for that. Otherwise, we're going to have to chain several
    > mod_timer callbacks together to do a controller reset.

    That definitely wants fixing. Since I like doing resets and similar
    slow-paths in process context -- sleep for as long as you want -- I
    would say kick over to a function called via schedule_task()

    Just make sure other parts of the driver that may be called
    asynchronously, such as ethtool ioctls, are disabled. Remember that
    tx_timeout holds the dev->xmit_lock as well, so spending a long time in
    there is a bad idea in general.

    I would probably call netif_carrier_off() first thing in tx_timeout, too.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.022 / U:60.512 seconds]