    SubjectRe: Linux-2.5.17

    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > I don't think there is any validity any more in the "opaque type" comment,
    > and I'd rather expose the fact that it _has_ to have the rss computations
    > inside of it than have more made-up interfaces to hide it.
    > The fact is, the rss cannot be computed anywhere else any more, so why
    > play games about it?

    Basically I could agree with it, but something looks wrong. Why exactly
    is pte_free_tlb() needed in first place? Why does it call
    tlb_remove_page()? A page mapped into user space has little to do with a
    page used as page table. Latter is never in the user tlb, so it doesn't
    need to be removed from it, so calling tlb_remove_page() is just a more
    complicated way of calling __free_page() or am I missing something?

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.022 / U:262.424 seconds]