    SubjectRe: Ext2 vs. ext3 recovery after crash
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Jauder Ho wrote:

    > Bill, you do know that it will do a full fsck every x mounts right?
    > [root@turtle /lib]# tune2fs -l /dev/hda6 | grep -i mount
    > Last mounted on: <not available>
    > Last mount time: Sun Mar 3 11:34:50 2002
    > Mount count: 1
    > Maximum mount count: 20

    I assure you I have not set my max-mount down to three or four, and since
    it crashes several times a day you can forget forced by date, too.

    C'mon, I've been doing this stuff since the MCC four floppy distribution
    was king, I've seen a max mount counts message before. This is purely a
    case of the *first* mount message being EXT2 instead of EXT3, as if the
    journal wasn't detected in the first place. However, the r/w mount is
    always ext3 per fstab.

    I never get close to max-mounts, this problem is in the 20-30% of the time
    range. No one knows why a lot of the Dells hang on X-logout, guess this is
    one more thing it does poorly.

    bill davidsen <>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.039 / U:18.480 seconds]