Subject2.5.10 freezes while booting with AMD Opus chipset
Hi!
I tried to run 2.5.10 on my MSI K7D Master Dual Athlon board.
Normally I'm running 2.4.18 but it oopses if I try to burn a CD (ATAPI, SCSI
emulated) in the swapper. So I tried 2.5 line to see if the things are going
better.
The IDE chipset gets recognized as AMD Opus (a difference from 2.4.18),
the kernel lists IDE devices attached, then writes

ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14

and that's all. The cursor stays at the end of this line, disk LED is off and
the system is dead. Manual reset/power cycle is required.

I noted that before it complains that it cannot assign irq 17 to my eth card
using ACPI, but I think it's not related.

Is this problem known, or am I the first who reports it ?
Should I enable the serial console, catch all the boot log to another system
and post it ?

Please CC: explicitely to me as I'm not a member of linux-kernel.

With regards, Pavel Troller

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.025 / U:1.240 seconds]