SubjectNominations:
 Hi Linus,

I must commend you on the timing of your decision to step down
as "Benevolent Dictator(TM)." However I'm extremely disappointed
by your nominations for your successor. I think the time for
*benevolence* is over. If we are to usher in a new era of Linux
kernel development we must consider a broader, darker range of
candidates.

I'd like to nominate Senator Hollings! He's the obvious choice
since he clearly intends to usurp the role of Grand Software
Source Code Dictator for *all* software and firmware (open or closed).
Indeed, regardless of whether you select him and even if he declines
the title I think that we should all immediately add him to our MUAs
for automatic copies of all source code submissions, patches and
related discussions (for his legislative approval, of course).
(Of course we should also appoint a special "technical advisor" to
assist the Respected Mr. Hollings, William Gates III should be
considered; surely chairman Bill could see "the way out" of any
conundrum offered by the development community).

--
Sincerly,
Jim Dennis, "The Linux Gazette Answer Jester"