    Subjectaudio channel routinng in "Linux CD-ROM Standard"?
    I was reading ``A Linux CD-ROM Standard'' of 12 March 1999
    (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/cdrom-standard.tex) in order to
    understand how audio channel routing might be performed in this
    standard. I don't see where it would be put in.

    By "audio channel routing" I mean having the left channel routed to
    the right (e.g. left monaural), or having the stereo channels come out
    reversed. In looking at a CD-playing program xmcd, I see it has a
    provision for a SCSI CDs to issue such a routing command, but when it
    uses this protocol, it unconditionally disables this ability since it
    doesn't seem to be part of the protocol. If you however enable
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI the routing can be set via the SCSI passthrough
    ioctl mechanism -- but then why have a cdrom standard in the first

    I don't know if this is the right place to direct inqueries as to the
    future of this protocol. If this would better be directed elsewhere,
    sorry, let me know where I should post a query. I sent a inquiry to
    the email addresses in A Linux CD-ROM Standard and haven't heard back
    from nary a one.

    I am not subscribed to this forum, so I'd appreciate replies cc'd to

    Many thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.022 / U:29.920 seconds]