    SubjectLinux 2.4.19pre2-ac3
    Mostly just merging some of the clearly correct bug fixes and some doc
    fixups this time. Lots of stuff is still in the queue.

    [+ indicates stuff that went to Marcelo, o stuff that has not,
    * indicates stuff that is merged in mainstream now, X stuff that proved
    bad and was dropped out]

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac3
    o Fix quota deadlock and extreme load corruption (Jan Kara, Chris Mason)
    + MIPS config fix (Ralf Baechle)
    + Update AGP config entry (Daniele Venzano)
    + SMBfs NLS oops fix (Urban Widmark)
    o Fix expand_stack locking hang on OOM (Kevin Buhr)
    o Restore 10Mbit half duplex eepro100 fix (me)
    o 3c509 full duplex and documentation (David Ruggiero)
    o 3c509 power management (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    + Remove more surplus llseek methods (Robert Love)
    o ATM locking fix (Frode Isaksen)
    o Merge extra sound help texts (Steven Cole)
    | plus one typo fix
    o Add help for IXJ pcmcia configuration (Steven Cole, me)
    | Rewrote the text somewhat

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac2
    o Fix a mismerge (may explain the patch weirdo)
    + Fix highmem + sblive (Daniel Bertrand)
    + Reiserfs updates (Oleg Drokin)
    o Auto enable HT on HT capable systems (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix init/do_mounts O(1) scheduler merge glitch (Greg Louis)
    o Fix drm build problem on CPU=386 (Mark Cooke)
    o Fix incorrect sleep in ZR36067 driver (me)
    o Add missing cpu_relax to iph5526 driver (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre2-ac1
    o Merge aic7xxx update (Justin Gibbs)
    o Fix handling of scsi 'medium error: recovered' (Justin Gibbs)
    +/o Further request region fixups (Marcus Alanen)
    o Add interlace/doublescan to voodoo1/2 fb driver (Urs Ganse)
    | interlace is always handy with 3d glasses..
    o Merge O(1) scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
    | Thanks to Martin Knoblauch for doing the merge work
    | Non x86 ports may need to clean up their mm/fault.c
    +/o Lseek usage cleanup (Robert Love)
    o Merge with 2.4.19pre2
    - Fixed bogus sysctl definitions
    - Fixed incorrect MODULE_LICENSE backout
    - Fixed gratuitous supercede spelling change
    - Fixed double patches from mips people
    - Fixed incorrect link order from mips people
    - Fixed broken config rules from mips people
    - Made cciss build
    - Remove half written "meth.c" driver
    + Fix up some of the watchdog api text (me)
    | Janitor job - go through that and make all the drivers
    | support all the things ('V' NOWAYOUT and ioctl core)
    o Fix wrong order in MAINTAINERS (me)
    o Remove roadrunner reference from MAINTAINERS (me)

    Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac2
    o Fix chown/chmod on shmemfs (me)
    o Fix accounting error in the shm code (me)
    o Turn on mode2/mode3 overcommit protection (me)
    + w83877f watchdog fix compile for SMP (Mark Cooke)
    + Fix ide=nodma for serverworks (Ken Brownfield)
    * USB2 controller support (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * Add more devices to the visor driver (m515,clie)(Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * IBM USB camera driver updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    + USB auerswald driver (Wolfgang Muees)
    o Trivial random match up with 2.2 (Marco Colombo)
    * Spelling fixes (Jim Freeman)
    * Next batch of time_*() fixups (Tim Schmielau)
    + Update video4linux API docs (Gerd Knorr)
    + Merge some comment fixups (John Kim)
    o ymfpci sync (Pete Zaitcev)
    * Update maintainers to add pm3fb (Romain DOLBEAU)
    * Hotplug updates (docs, fs, compaq driver) (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    * IBM hotplug support (Irene Zubarev, Tong Yu, Jyoti Shah, Chuck Cole)
    * ACPI hotplug driver support (Hiroshi Aono, Takayoshi Kochi)
    + Blink keyboard lights on x86 panic (Andi Kleen)
    o Further Configure.help changes (Steven Cole)
    o Merge a version of the sard I/O accounting (Stephen Tweedie,
    Christoph Hellwig)
    o SC1200 watchdog driver (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix address ordering for 36bit MCE on x86 (Dave Jones)

    Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac1
    o Merge with 2.4.19-pre1

    Linux 2.4.18-ac1
    o Merge with 2.4.18 proper
    o Add missing -rc4 diff
    o Use attribute notifiers to account shmemfs (me)
    o Initial luxsonor LS220/LS240 driver code (me)
    | This is just setup code and only in the tree because
    | its where I keep my hacks in progress

    Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac2
    o Fix a corruption problem in the jfs dir table (Dave Kleikamp)
    o Fix trap when extending a single extent of (Dave Kleikamp)
    over 64Gb in JFS
    * NBD deadlock fix (Steven Whitehouse)
    * Fix device ref counting in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
    * Fix shmemfs link counting (Christoph Rohland)
    * Fix potential scsi disk oops (Peter Wong)
    * eepro100 carrier init fix (Jeff Garzik)
    * Fix wrong kfree in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
    * Add TI1250 inits to ZV bus support (me)
    | Zoom video now works on the IBM TP600 at least..
    * Fix off by one on loop devices limit (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    o Improve handling of psaux open with no mouse (Christoph Hellwig)
    present
    * 3COM 3c359 token ring driver (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix a case where hpfs didnt set block size (Chris Mason)
    early enough
    * Remove use of lock_kernel in softdog driver (me)
    * Make olympic driver use spinlocks not (Mike Phillips)
    lock_kernel
    o Fix type of detected devices in md.c (Jakob Kemi)
    * Changes and defconfig update (Niels Jensen)
    o PNP BIOS driver updates (Thomas Hood)
    * Turn off excess printks in pnp quirk reporting (Andrey Panin)
    * Add documentation for ITE I2C (Steven Cole)
    o Add documentation for other zoran cards (Steven Cole)
    o Add an SC520 watchdog, and enable wd8387ff (Scott Jennings)
    o Cleaned up and fixed some SC520 watchdog bugs (me)
    | Scott - can you double check these
    * Fix return on generic lib/string.c memcmp (Georg Nikodym)
    * Further zoom video cleanups (me)

    Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac1
    o Merge with 2.4.18rc2
    * Ignore i810 modem codecs (me)
    o Core of address space accounting code (me)
    | Enforcement, ptrace and some shmem corner bits to do
    * Fix security hole in shmfs (me)
    o Fix various bits of 64bit file I/O in shmem (me)
    o Merge with rmap12f (Rik van Riel and co)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac4
    o SIS IDE driver update (handle with care) (Lionel Bouton)
    o First set of I2O endian cleanups (me)
    o Make i2o_pci.c 64bit/BE clean (me)
    o Maybe fix crash on i2o scsi abort/reset paths (me)
    o Make i2o use the passed scsi direction flag (me)
    * Fix awk failure path in menuconfig (Andrew Church)
    + Merge varies doc updates (Steven Cole)
    o Add serial support for the Lava Octopus-550 (Jim Treadway)
    * OPL3SA2 cleanup (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    o Add missing blkdev_varyio export (Todd Roy)
    o/* Update Changes file, config and experimental (Niels Jensen)
    checks
    * Fix highmem warning in aacraid (Andrew Morton)
    * Make tpqic02 use new style request region (Marcus Alanen)
    + Only turn off mediagx/geode TSC on 5510/5520 (me)
    | From information provided by Hiroshi MIURA
    * Massively clean up the AGP enable and bugfix it (Bjorn Helgaas)
    o Fix oops if you try to use the RW wq locks (Bob Miller)
    o Remove FPU usage in neomagic fb (Denis Kropp)
    o Merge IBM JFS (Steve Best, Dave Kleikamp,
    Barry Arndt, Christoph Hellwig, ..)
    * Updated sis frame buffer driver (Thomas Winischhofer)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac3
    * Clean up various macros and misuse of ; (Timothy Ball)
    * Correct procfs locking fixup (Al Viro)
    o Speed up ext2/ext3 synchronous mounts (Andrew Morton)
    + Update IDE DMA blacklist (Jonathan Kamens)
    o Update to XFree86 DRM 4.2 (compatible to 4.1) (Rik Faith,
    and adds I830 DRM Jeff Hartmann,
    Keith Whitwell,
    Abraham vd Merwe
    and others)
    * IBM Lanstreamer updates (Mike Phillips)
    * Fix acct rlimit problem (I hope) (me)
    | Problem noted by Ian Allen
    o Automatically set file limits based on mem size (Andi Kleen)
    * Correct scsi reservation conflict handling (James Bottomley)
    and add the scsi reset api code
    o Add further kernel docs (me)
    o Merge to rmap-12e (Rik van Riel and co)
    |merge patch from Nick Orlov
    * Small fix to the eata driver update (Dario Ballabio)

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac2
    + Nat Semi now use their own ident on the Geode (Hiroshi Miura)
    * Put #error in two files that need FPU fixups (me)
    * Correct a specific mmap return to match posix (Christopher Yeoh)
    * Add Eepro100/VE ident (Hanno Boeck)
    * Add provides for DRM to the kernel make rpm (Alexander Hoogerhuis)
    * Fix a problem where vm86 irq releasing could be (Stas Sergeev)
    missed
    * EATA and U14/34F driver updates (Dario Ballabio)
    * Handle EMC storage arrays that report SCSI-2 (Kurt Garloff)
    but want REPORT_LUNs
    * Update README, defconfig, remove autogen files (Niels Jensen)
    o Add AFAVLAB PCI serial support (Harald Welte)
    * Fix incorrect resource free in eexpress (Gianluca Anzolin)
    o Variable size rawio optimisations (Badari Pulavarty)
    * Add AT's compatible 8139 cardbus chip (Go Taniguchi)
    o Fix crash with newest hpt ide chips (Arjan van de Ven)
    * Fix tiny SMP race in pid selection (Erik Hendriks)
    o Hopefully fix pnpbios crash caused by early (me)
    kernel_thread creation

    Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac1
    o Initial merge of DVD card driver (Christian Wolff,Marcus Metzler)
    | This is just an initial testing piece. DVB needs merging
    | properly and this is only a first bit of testing
    * Random number generator support for AMD768 (me)
    * Add AMD768 to i810 driver pci ident list (me)
    o Initial AMD768 power management work (me)
    | Unfinished pending some docs clarifications
    * Fix bugbuf mishandling for modular es1370 (me)
    * Fix up i2o readl abuse, post_wait race, and (me, Arjan van de Ven)
    some deadlock cases
    * Added cpu_relax to yam driver (me)
    * Fixup AMD762 if the BIOS apparently got it wrong(me)
    (eg ASUS boards)
    * MP1.4 alignment fixup
    * pcwd cleanup, backport of fixes from 2.5 (Rob Radez)
    * Add support for more Moxa cards to mxser (Damian Wrobel)
    * Add remaining missing MODULE_LICENSE tags (Hubert Mantel)
    * Fix floppy reservation ranges (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Fix max file size setup (Andi Kleen)

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3
    o Fix a wrong error return in the megaraid driver (Arjan van de Ven)
    * FreeVXFS update (Christoph Hellwig)
    * Qnxfs update (Anders Larsen)
    o Fix non compile with PCI=n (Adrian Bunk)
    o Fix DRM 4.0 non compile in i810 (me)
    o Drop out now dead CLONE thread/parent fixup (Dave McCracken)
    * Make NetROM incoming frame check stricter (Tomi Manninen)
    * Use sock_orphan in AX.25/NetROM (Jeroen PE1RXQ)
    o Pegasus update (Petko Manolov)
    o Make reparent_to_init and exec_usermodehelper (Andrew Morton)
    use set_user, fix a tiny set_user SMP race
    * Mark framebuffer mappings VM_IO (Andrew Morton)
    o Neomagic frame buffer driver (Denis Kropp)
    - Needs FPU code fixing before it can be merged
    * Hyperthreading awareness for MTRR driver
    + Correct NR_IRQ with no apic support (Brian Gerst)
    * Fix missing includes in sound drivers (Michal Jaegermann)

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac2
    * i810 audio driver update (Doug Ledford)
    + Early ioremap for x86 specific code (Mikael Pettersson)
    | This is needed to do things like apic/dmi detect early enough
    + Pentium IV APIC/NMI watchdog (Mikael Pettersson)
    * Add C1MRX support to sonypi driver (Junichi Morita)
    * Fix "make rpm" with two '-' in extraversion (Gerald Britton)
    * Fix aacraid hang/irq storm on i960 boards (Chris Pascoe)
    * Fix isdn audio compiler behaviour dependancy (Urs Thuermann)
    * YAM driver fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
    * ROSE protocol stack update/fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
    * Fix UFS/CDROM oops (Zwane Mwaikambo)
    * Fix nm256 hang on Dell Latitude (origin unknown)
    | Please test this tree with other NM256 based boxes and check
    | those still work...
    o Merge PnPBIOS patch (Thomas Hood, David Hinds, Tom Lees,
    Christian Schmidt, ..)
    * Merge new sis frame buffer drivers (Thomas Winischhofer)
    * cs46xx oops fix (Mike Gorse)
    * Fix a second cs46xx bug related to this (me)
    + Fix acpitable oopses on boot and other problems (James Cleverdon)
    o Fix io port type on the hpt366 driver (Pete Popov)
    * Updated matrox drivers (Petr Vandrovec)
    * IPchains fixes needed for 2.4.18pre7
    o IDE config text updates for the IDE patches (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Merge the first bits of ZV support (Marcus Metzler)
    * Add initial ZV support to yenta socket driver (me)
    for TI cards
    * Fix pirq routing on the CS5530 (me)
    | Finally the palmax pcmcia/cardbus works properly

    Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac1
    o Merge with 2.4.18pre7 (Arjan van de Ven)
    | + some quota fixups redone by me
    | several 18pre7 netfilter bugs left unfixed for now
    o Rmap-12a (Rik van Riel and co)

    Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac2

    + Re-merge the IDE patches (Andre Hedrick and co)
    * Fix check/request region in ali_ircc and lowcomx(Steven Walter)
    com90xx, sealevel, sb1000
    * Remove unused message from 6pack driver (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix unused variable warning in i60scsi (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix off by one floppy oops (Keith Owens)
    * Fix i2o_config use of undefined C (Andreas Dilger)
    * Fix fdomain scsi oopses (Per Larsson)
    * Fix sf16fmi hang on boot (me)
    o Add bridge resources to the resource tree (Ivan Kokshaysky)
    * Fix iphase ATM oops on close in on case (Till Immanuel Patzschke)
    * Enable OOSTORE on winchip processors (Dave Jones, me)
    | Worth about 10-20% performance
    * Code Page 1250 support (Petr Titera)
    * Fix sdla and hpfs doc typos (Sven Vermeulen)
    o Document /proc/stat (Sven Heinicke)
    * Update cs4281 drivers (Tom Woller)
    | Fixes xmms stutter, remove wrapper code
    | handle tosh boxes, allow record device change
    | trigger wakeups on ioctl triggered changes
    +/o/X Fix locking of file struct stuff found by ibm (Dipankar Sarma)
    audit
    o Use spin_lock_init in serial.c (Dave Miller)
    * Fix AF_UNIX shutdown bug (Dave Miller)

    Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

    o 32bit uid quota
    o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
    William Irwin etc)
    * Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
    * Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
    * Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
    sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
    esssolo1, sonicvibes
    * tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
    + Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
    * generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
    o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
    too
    * Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
    * Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
    | Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
    * Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
    o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
    * Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
    * Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
    * Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
    * Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
    * Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
    o ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2c_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    * Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
    * Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
    * Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    * ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
    o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
    * Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
    * Fix PLIP (Niels Jensen)
    * Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
    * Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.045 / U:0.628 seconds]