On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:40:50PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> No you merely aren't watching. Most of the maintainers btw are ignoring 2.5
> if you do some asking. And a measurable number of the listed maintainer
> addresses just bounce.

That's something that should really be fixed.
I believe a while back someone was going to send a ping to all
the listed addresses in MAINTAINERS. Doing this again may not
be a bad idea.

> There never will be maintainers proper for large amounts of stuff, and the
> longer Linus deletes and ignores everything from someone new the less people
> will bother sending to him. Just look at the size of the diff set between all
> the vendor kernels and Linus 2.4.x trees before the giant -ac merge.

Now that we have an open development branch again, perhaps its
time for a lot of the things that have been proven stable in vendor
kernels for a long time to get a looksee in mainline.
Some things I feel will likely still be vendor-kernel only for some time.
And some of them, rightly so.