Subject[OT] Last Chance to comment on Microsoft Settlement
The DOJ's proposed settlement, which could have a serious
negative impact on the open source and linux community,
will probably go into effect unless enough people argue against it.
The deadline for commenting on the proposed settlement
is *this Monday*. If you have any interest in the
issue, and have not yet written the DOJ to comment, I urge
you to do so *now*.

For a fine call-to-action, see

Or, if you're on the Microsoft side, visit
They make you register before they'll tell you
how they want you to help, but they do sell
a cool 'Freedom to Innovate' t-shirt
( ;
note the tasteful use of the American flag).

I've put together a site about the proposed
settlement and reaction from the press and the Open Source
community (at )
and an open letter to the DOJ
( ).
I invite US citizens and residents (unfortunately,
the DOJ will probably ignore comments from outside the US)
to join my open letter; instructions for joining are at the
top of the letter. I'll be sending it in first thing
Monday morning.

- Dan