SubjectRe: lcs ethernet driver source

Alan Cox wrote:

>> Sorry, at this point we are not allowed to publish the source code of
the
>> lcs and qeth drivers (due to the use of confidential hardware interface
>> specifications). We make those modules available only in binary form
>> on our developerWorks web site.
>
>Is there any plan to change this ?

This is not something we (the Linux for S/390 development team) can decide;
it's up to the hardware groups that 'own' the LCS / QDIO specifications
whether they allow to make these public. As I said, at this point, we
are not allowed to open the specs; while it is conceivable that this might
change in the future, I'm not aware of any specific plan.

(Please note that I'm in no way speaking for IBM here; that's just my
personal opinion.)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux for S/390 Design & Development