    SubjectPossible problem with IDE device driver in kernel.
    I would like to report a bug that I've seen in a few linux kernels now. This
    may be a serious problem with the IDE controler software because it may cause
    a hard drive to ware out over a period of time. I've noticed for a long time
    that when linux is loaded the hard drive light on my computer goes on and
    stays on. It never turns off. If I boot with windows the light turns off. I
    think it may be the device driver that forgets to turn of the light. Could
    one of you please confirm if this is a problem with the kernel and get back
    to me if it is not.

    Thank you,

    Philip V. Neves

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:55    [W:0.041 / U:4.288 seconds]