SubjectRe: 2.4.5 VM
Hi

I found this post of interest. I have 1.1 Gig of RAM but only 800mb of
Swap as I expect NOT to use that much memory... Could this be the cause of
the machines VERY erratic behaviour??? Kernel Panics, HUGE INOde and
Dcache.... ??
Regards
MarCin

-------------------------------------
# Marcin Kowalski #
On_Linux Developer.
->Datrix Solutions.<-
Tel. 770-6146
# Cel. 082-400-7603 #
On Thu, 31 May 2001 alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk wrote:

> > My system has 128 Meg of Swap and RAM.
>
> Linus 2.4.0 notes are quite clear that you need at least twice RAM of swap
> with 2.4.
>
> Marcelo is working to change that but right now you are running something
> explicitly explained as not going to work as you want
>
> -

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans