SubjectRe: 2.4.5 VM
> Actually I have tried 1x,2x,3x.  In 2.4.0 to 2.4.3 I had some issues but
> never a system freeze of any kind. With 2.4.4 I had more problems, but
> I was ok. 2.4.5 I now have these freezes. Maybe I should go back to
> 2x, but I still find this behavior crazy.
> This still doesn't negate the point of freeing simple caches.

The caches are in part shared. Remember page cache memory and read only
application pages are the same thing - so its not that simple. I found 2.4.5
pretty bad. 2.4.5-ac seems to be better on the whole but I know its definitely
not right yet. Marcelo and Rik are working on that more and more.

Marcelo has a test patch to fix the (documented but annoying) 2x memory
swap rule stuff. The balancing problem is harder but being worked on.

If you can give Rik a summary of your config/what apps run/ps data then it
may be valuable as he can duplicate your exact setup for testing his
vm changes and add it to the test sets.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:54    [W:0.080 / U:0.204 seconds]