    SubjectVersion 6.1.6 of the aic7xxx driver availalbe
    As always, the latest version of this driver is availalbe here:

    Complete CHANGELOG is now available at the above URL.

    I try to filter though LK as often as I can, but for
    best response, please email issues regarding this driver to
    me directly.

    Changes since 6.1.5 include:

    o Firmware generation is now a tunable option
    defaulting to OFF. Don't turn this on unless
    you really have a reason to re-agenerate the
    firmware (e.g. you are actively developing it).

    o aicasm Makefile changes from Alan Cox that
    attempt to make aicasm compilable on more

    o On some chips, at least the aic7856, the transition from
    MREQPEND to HDONE can take a full 4 clock cycles. Test
    HDONE one more time to avoid this race. We only want our
    FIFO hung recovery code to execute when the engine is
    really hung. This makes the aic7856 work again on systems
    affected by the PCI 2.1 retry bug.

    o Modify our interrupt handler so that optimizations
    that rely on level sensitive interrupts are disabled
    when edge triggered interrupts are in use. This
    affected the 284X and some EISA installations where
    level sensitive interrupts are disabled.

    o Staticize some rogue symbols. All exported symbols
    have either an "ahc" or "aic7xxx" prefix to avoid
    potential conflicts with other modules.

    o Fix the sorting of driver instances so that even
    if PCI devices are presented to the driver in a
    very strange order, it still works. In the past,
    we relied on function 0 of a device being seen prior
    to function 1. This should make the channel b primary
    BIOS option functional again.

    o Add a crude hack to make modunload/modload cycles work
    now that we are using the new PCI methods. We must
    detach our driver from each PCI device referenced by
    a call to our release method. The PCI code doesn't have
    a method to do this, so we muck with the pci_dev ourselves.

    o Deregister our PCI driver when aic7xxx_release releases
    the last host instance.

    o Only adjust our goal negotiation settings if the device
    is actually present. This prevents a disconnected lun
    that does not claim to support negotiations from messing
    up the settings for a successfully probed lun whose inquiry
    data properly reflects the abilities of the device.

    o Set the device structure as releasable should the inquiry
    come back with anything other than lun connected. We
    should also do this if the device goes away as evidenced
    by a selection timeout, but as we can't know if this
    condition is persistant and there is no guarantee that
    the mid-layer will reissue the inquiry command we use
    to validate the device, I've simply added a comment
    this effect.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:29    [W:0.023 / U:63.264 seconds]