    SubjectRe: Ideas for the oom problem
    Rik van Riel wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, james wrote:
    >
    > > Here are my ideas on how too deal with the oom situation,
    >
    > > I propose a three prong approach too this problem
    >
    > Isn't that a bit much for an emergency situation that never
    > even occurs on most systems ?

    I've been using our internal tree for my testing, and I'm reluctant to let my
    experiences there cause me to draw conclusions about other trees. So, will
    you please tell me which version of the kernel you think has a vm that only
    triggers the oom killer in emergency situations so I can test it here to see
    if you are right?

    --

    Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford
    Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before