    SubjectHow to set hdparms for ide-scsi devices on devfs?
    Sorry, if this issue was already discussed in lkml. I didn't find
    a reference to this at

    My Problem:
    I want to set the unmaskirq and dma -flag for my ide cd-recorder.
    The Problem is, that devfs creates no ide device, but only
    the /dev/scsi/../{cd,general} devices are created. And hdparm
    don't accepts this devices for setting the ide-parameters.

    My current workaround is to create a /dev/hd? device "by hand"
    at system startup. This is not very beautiful. Furthermore, if
    the device numbers in devfs are deactivated, this won't work

    I can live with my current solution. But i would be very happy
    if someone can present a clean solution.

    I posted this message intentionally not on the devfs mailing list
    as i think this problem is related to accessing the same device
    through different /dev entries. Under devfs, the /dev/ide/...
    device node gets allocated after the corresponding ide-xx.o has
    been loaded. But this is not possible with ide-scsi claiming
    the device :(

    Thanks in advance

    Eduard Hasenleithner
    student of
    Salzburg University of Applied Sciences and Technologies

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.022 / U:40.996 seconds]