    SubjectRe: [LONG RANT] Re: Linux stifles innovation...
    On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Henning P . Schmiedehausen wrote:

    > And yes, there _is_ IMHO a difference in telling someone on LKM,
    > especially someone without deeper knowledge that is lookin for help:
    > "You're using a non-open source driver, so we can't help you. Please
    > ask your vendor for support."

    Lets be realistic here. If I take my BMW (M series) into the shop because
    it has problem yet I tell the German Mechanic that he may not look under
    the hood because there is a secret "wonder blunder" inside. Where do you
    think that mechanic is going to tell you to go??

    This is the motor(kernel-space) not the paint(user-space).

    You have admitted that you are an "End-User"(of the kernel) and that you
    generally write user-space packages. I have yet to understand why you are
    going out of bounds. It is clear that you have read to many of my person
    best flame-wars here on LKML where I know I must have earned :
    "Arse of the Year, 2000 :: LKML"

    > "Fuck off, <insert binary vendor, software or distribution> Luser".

    And you slammed me for being rude and ugly?? In my defense of code and
    work that I publish, but heavily enforce the license and terms of use.
    Since I am aware that about 96% of all linux boxes today use some form of
    ATA/ATAPI, it is important that I recover all know fixes public/private
    to help everyone.

    > ("Der Ton macht die Musik". Sorry don't know the equal english
    > expression).

    I now see the joy in watching someone go nuts here on LKML.

    Andre Hedrick
    Linux ATA Development

    ps. Please keep up the entertainment, I am getting a good belly-laugh
    of what I must have looked like in the past.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.022 / U:10.796 seconds]