    SubjectAny lingering Athlon bugs in Kernel 2.4.14?

    Hi, I am wondering if maybe there are any lingering Athlon bugs in Kernel

    I basically have a 33-node AMD Athlon Beowulf Cluster using the KT266
    chipset. I compiled kernel 2.4.14 optimized for athlons.

    If I leave the computers up for several days, without fail random nodes in
    the beowulf start to drop like flies. Every other day, a different,
    random node will get those Aiiiee messages and complain about some virtual
    page request being invalid or somesuch, hanging the machine.

    I am sure all the machines have good hardware as we ran thorough tests on
    the machines using things like memtest86. I only started experiencing
    problems since upgrading the kernels from the stock redhat kernels that
    came with those machines.

    I haven't yet tried just compiling the kernel without the Athlon
    optimizations. I was wondering, though, if there are any known or
    suspected issues with Athlons and the latest kernel?

    Any help/advice/thoughts/even flames would be appreciated... :)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:4.452 seconds]