    SubjectRe: Overriding BIOS settings with kernel 2.4.0
    On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 bandit2@iname.com wrote:

    bandit> I'm telling you all this because my BIOS keeps assigning shared
    bandit> interrupts between the Geforce-TVCapture and NE2000-USB Hubs.

    Look in your mainboard manual

    I think you'll find that the PCI/AGP slots you are using for these devices
    share IRQs because they are physically linked together.

    I don't know about the AOPEN board, but on an ASUS P3B-F for example, the
    AGP slot and PCI1 share their IRQ, and PCI slots 3&6 and 4&5 also share
    so if you put devices in all of these slots, some devices will share
    interrupts.

    The only workaround is to pick different slots, and/or to not have more
    than 4 devices in your system that don't like to share interrupts with
    anything else.

    - Matt

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:29.684 seconds]