    SubjectRe: Fwd: ACPI & I4L irq confilct: bug reporting on kernel 2.4.0-test8-pre4

    Guido Trentalancia schrieb:

    > On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, you wrote:
    > > Guido Trentalancia schrieb:
    > >
    > > Hello Guido,

    > > > after further testing the problem seems to be in IRQ SHARING.
    > > > in fact, with acpi disabled, once the hisax has got irq 9 (it is not
    > > > possible for card type 36 to change the irq), i can load the ethernet
    > > > modules 8390 and ne2k-pci for my ethernet PCI NE2000 card, but the
    > > > ne2k-pci driver also set its irq=9, so everytime i try to do:
    > > >
    > > > ifconfig eth0 up
    > > >
    > > > i get:
    > > >
    > > > SIOCSIFFLAGS: resource temporarily unavailable
    > > >
    > > > why don't add the irq parameter to the hisax winbond driver and to the
    > > > ne2k-pci driver ?
    > >
    > > there is no need or even sense to add such parameter, as irqs are
    > > assigned by the bios or OS for PCI type cards. The driver is supplied
    > > with the selected irq which is normally assigned during boot by the
    > > systems bios.
    > > You should change the bios PCI/Pnp setup to reflect your needs.
    > > I don't know if the Winbond driver supports IRQ-sharing, but other i4l
    > > drivers like the HFC-PCI which I maintain allow irq sharing without any
    > > problems even if 3 cards share it.
    > > So please setup your bios correctly and everything will work fine.
    > >
    > > > p.s.
    > > > my motherboard has pci slot 4 and slot 5 condivided and the isdn card is
    > > > on slot 4 while ethernet on slot 5.... so one may say "change your
    > > > motherboard", but everything worked fine with previous kernels (ACPI,
    > > > Hisax, ethernet)....
    > > >
    > > > Please help me.
    > > > Many thanx.
    > > > Please answer only via email: guido.trentalancia@tin.it
    > > > --
    > > > bye,
    > > > Guido Trentalancia
    > >
    > > Werner
    >
    > the problems seems to be in the winbond driver (driver/isdn/hisax/w6692.[ch])
    > i tried to contact the author but the email address doen't exists anymore
    > (petr.novac@i.cz) could you help me ?

    I will have a look at the driver.
    Petrs Mail address should be petr.novak@i.cz
    Petr wrote the driver and handed them to the i4l crew.
    As far as I can recognize the driver doesn't set the shareable flag for
    the interrupt.
    I might change this and send it to you for a test. If it works we may
    take it into CVS.

    > ACPI and NE2000 seems to be ok...
    > many thanx.
    > --