SubjectRe: Can't get sysrq working in 2.2.12 kernel
In <4.3.2.7.2.20000807163106.020c0b10@oils.ozy.dec.com> Dave Cecil (cecil@ozy.dec.com) wrote:
> I can't get sysrq working in the 2.2.12 kernel.

> I've established that handle_sysrq is not being called from handle_scancode
> in keyboard.c because sysrq_enabled is 0. Given that it's initialised to 1
> in sysrq.c, something is obviously changing it.

Initscripts, I think.

> The only place I've found that could change it is via kern_tble in
> sysctl.c, though I haven't done an extensive search. I admit to not
> spending the time to work out what the code in there is all about.

Yeah ? You not even know that sysctl variables are accessible via /proc/sys
(sysrq is /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq , for example).

> Can anyone tell me what or why that variable might be being zeroed?

I suppose your distribution clears it on boot for safety.

> I can only gather I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find anything in
> sysrq.txt or in the archives on the web.

Since it's distribution speciic issue it can not be in sysrq.txt for sure.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.044 / U:0.352 seconds]