SubjectRe: Ethernet driver for NatSemi dp83815
Date
Alan Cox wrote:
>It looks like it was based on Donalds work without crediting him.
>Someone shouldverify that with Donald.

Not quite, in the driver published here it credits Donald and the guy at
Wyse who updated it. However, I've had a driver for this in my possession
for some time now, sent to me by the manufacturers of the thin-client board
I'm hacking on at the moment. It makes very interesting reading, as it's
identical to this one, with the exception of having removed the lines
crediting Donald and replacing it with the following:

"Bug reports and enhancement requests should be directed to
<ethernet@teamF1.com>. Please include the driver version number,
hardware information, and Linux kernel version number along with the
bug report."

Oh, and they also removed all reference to the GPL. I'm awaiting word back
from the people in the US who sent me the driver in the first place to see
if, as I suspect, thay've actually been suckered into paying someone to
"develop" a driver that was already GPLed. I don't think they'll be in RMS's
or the FSF's good books if they carry on like that...

cheers
john

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.024 / U:0.248 seconds]