SubjectRe: RLIM_INFINITY inconsistency between archs
---------  Received message begins Here  ---------

> Jesse Pollard wrote:
> > > /lib/modules/2.2.14/build
> >
> > Just an additional thought..
> >
> > How about being able to set the link at boot time too - this is for those
> > sites that have multiple kernels installed (for instance: old reliable,
> > current reliable, and test). Then each kernel could use different modules
> > selected at boot time.
>
> That's what the "2.2.14" is for. Whatever mechanism you use to select
> version-dependent modules at boot time, you use that to find the
> appropriate "build" link too.

Yes, but the definition of the LINK hasn't been specified yet -
something like the command

(cd /lib/modules; ln -s 2.2.14 boot)

would do, but that defines the link. The path to the appropriate modules
is would be /lib/modules/boot/module_name. It would appear to simplify
the loader a bit by not requiring it to retrieve the uname -r (or uname
-m, or ...) and add flexibility to it as well since the actual link
might be created by:

(cd /lib/modules; ln -s `uname -m`/`uname -r` boot)

That would allow for variations in the directory structure while maintaining
compatiblility for all module loaders/build procedures that would need it.