SubjectRe: accessing kernel symbols

Well, use of kernel symbol table (/proc/ksym) (or exporting
unavailable functions)inside module is fine. I was looking for alternative
way of accessing(using) kernel symbols from user space other than system
call(outside kernel module), is it possible.
And for this one solution iam thinking of is creating new system call from
the loadable kernel module itself, so the user can get access as usual.
thanks
girish

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> on 07/28/2000 02:31:10 AM

Please respond to mjacob@feral.com