SubjectRe: The big IDE fight in a different light
On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Stephen Frost wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Scott Long wrote:
>
> > I think the kernel people need to remember one very important thing: you
> > are no longer working for yourselves, as a hobby. Your ideals about what
>
> Wrong.
>
> > So don't try to convince me that *I* am wrong by giving me technical
> > spew. It won't work. And it won't work for the many other users out
>
> The point is to be technically correct.

Then why is everyone fighting me from preventing "technically incorrect"
commands that can/will hurt/damage/destroy hardware from being rejected?

Explain.

Mind you that I have voting membership in the body that writes the
standards, please do not tell me I am wrong with the standards.

ftp://fission.dt.wdc.com/pub/standards/x3t13/meetings/e00130r0.pdf

3.2 Attendance
Rob Schram Absolute Software O
Ron Roberts Adaptec Corp. P
Larry Barras Apple Computer Inc. P
Andre Hedrick Atipa Linux Solutions P <<<<
Raymond Liu CMD Technology P
Amy Barton Circuit Assembly Corp. P
Jeff Wolford Compaq G
Hale Landis Consultant P
Tom Colligan Dell Computer P
Matt Rooke Fujitsu Comp Prod of America P
Hitoshi Ogawa Hitachi Ltd. O
Paul Anderson IBM P
Michael Eschmann Intel G

*Operating under the procedures of The American National Standards Institute. page 3
NCITS Secretariat: Information Technology Industries Council (ITI)
1250 Eye Street, N.W., Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005-3922; Fax: (202)
638-4922 Tel: (202) 737-8888

12.9 Withdrawing ATA-2 [McLean]
Pete McLean reported that the ATA-2 standard was coming up for 5-year
review, and, because it was so out of date and since 8-bit transfers in
ATA/ATAPI-5, he proposed that it be withdrawn.

Paul Anderson IBM P Y
Larry Barras Apple Computer Inc. P Y
Aaron Wilson ST Microelectronics P Y
Andre Hedrick Atipa Linux Solutions P Y <<<<
Robert Griswold Microsoft Inc. P X

Now...

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.111 / U:0.920 seconds]