    SubjectError rebooting - no automatic removal /proc...

    This is on a RedHat 6.1 system. Actually it's on two RedHat 6.1
    systems. Both are behaving the same.

    This just started happening to me since about 2.3.50 and is present
    in 2.3.99pre2. When I now reboot the system it proceeds fine until it
    reaches "Unmounting file systems". I get a green "Ok" and then the system
    pauses for a few seconds. Then I get the error "No automatic removal.
    Please use umount /proc". Trouble is, that's what the S01reboot script
    should be doing. Then I get the message "INIT: no more processes in this
    run level" and the reboot hangs. I then have to manually reset the system.

    This seems to have occured coincidentally with having to mount
    the /var/lib/shm stuff but unmounting it before unmounting the other
    file systems has had no effect. I also have devfs mounted in another
    spot and usbfs mounted but, again, unmounting them has no effect on the
    error message or the reboot hang. All of this was working with previous

    I have separate /, /usr, /var, /usr/local, and /home partitions, and
    I'm using autofs to mount nfs file systems from other systems, if that makes
    any difference.

    Michael H. Warfield | (770) 985-6132 |
    (The Mad Wizard) | (770) 331-2437 |
    PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:57    [W:0.020 / U:6.184 seconds]