Subjectnetwork encryption
Hello, I am part of a group endeavoring to add encryption to the Linux
network code. If you are wondering why we are not using an existing
encryption method, this for a design class in school. The topic was given
to us by the professor.

This encryption takes place in a modified hard_start_xmit. In our
modified function the data field is encrypted and then the original
hard_start_xmit is called. We have it working with a simple XOR
encryption, but this is kind of silly.

We have run into a problem when the useful encryption routines increase
the size of the data field in the sk_buff beyond the maximum allowed
packet size. (BTW, what does sk stand for?) There are two methods we can
think of to handle this:
a) Limit the size of any sk_buffs created.
b) Split the sk_buffs up.

We don't know which method would be the best choice or even where to start
looking. How can we limit the sk_buff size? Any help would be
appreciated. Also, any tips on splitting the sk_buffs up would be
helpful.

It will not be necessary to respond directly if you don't want to. We
will watch http://www.dejanews.com/bg.xp?level=fa.linux.kernel for