SubjectRe: string-486.h?
Horst von Brand wrote:

> New inline versions of string and mem functions (in particular for ia32)
> went into the gcc main branch recently. I'll plead again for wasting the
> in-kernel definitions, as (a) the compiler can handle builtins more
> efficiently than inline asm (f.ex. interleave them with the surrounding
> code if useful, optimize them in the context of their use as the compiler
> knows their inards (which it doesn't for inline asm)), and (b) compiler
> builtins will get much wider exposure, thus reducing the number and
> severity of bugs in that code, and finally (c) you get it for free.

(d) compiler use the compiler builtins instead inline functions when
builtins are available. (also we use already builtins in kernel instead
of
the inline functions) [To prevent this we must force the pre-processor
change the name of mem.. str.. functions]

giacomo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:56    [W:0.929 / U:0.128 seconds]